Friday, December 5, 2008

We've Been Around...

Well, things have been crazy around here since the week before Thanksgiving. I was sick the week of Thanksgiving with a ruptured ear drum/ear infection...now that we have ALL been hit with something, I am hoping that the rest of the winter we are "germ free"...

One night we got to play with our good friends Abby and Eli. My kids are always begging to play with them. They are in our ward and Jennifer and I serve in YW together. Every week during sacrament Emilee is on the prowl looking for Abby...once she finds her she bounces up and down screaming "Abby, mommy!!! Abby, mommy! There she is!!!!" So sweet...
(Above: making books-marks one night while Jennifer and Chuck got to go on a well deserved date)
Eli wasn't interested in stickers and book marks, so he hung out playing with Caleb's tools and monster trucks.

It's definitely winter time!!! Caleb wants "lots of snow to come" but I am glad that it hasn't hit us yet. I HATE snow...cold I'm okay with...snow I am not. I hate it when you walk outside and it gets places that it shouldn't. Like, behind your neck in between your jacket and shirt or in your shoes/socks...anywhere pretty much. And I don't like driving in it either.

We were really lucky to get a TON of winter coats, scarfs, hats, etc from a friend of mine from Youngstown. Emilee loves them and she looks adorable in them also... :o)

Caleb loves to "fix things". He is always busy working on something...when the men were here putting new siding on our house he was out there with them EVERY day. One of the guys took a special liking to Caleb and would give him scraps of stuff they were working with all the time. One day he gave Caleb one of his "special" pencils that he used to mark things with and Caleb still carries it around with him in his tool box.

So, HORRIBLE picture and I am wondering why I am putting in on here, but this day was so much fun. The kids and I spent the day together just having a "Mommy and Kids Fun Day". We played arcade games, ate junk food, played at the mall, went out to dinner (at a real restaurant) and this was us after baths right before bed! I was tired by the end of the day but it is these days I will always remember and I hope the days they will remember also!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun...I am with you on the whole idea of snow and being cold.

Dan said...

I love the snow, but mostly because I haven't seen it in over two years. Stalk away, I'll warn my friends. :)