We had book club at my house today and they wanted my white chicken chili recipe...so that's why there is a double post on this recipe. It is really yummy!!! If you didn't try it the first time I posted it...now is the time!!! (If you weren't able to make it to book club today our books this month are going to be by James Patterson and they are called 1st To Die and 2nd Chance)
This recipe is soooo yummy! My mom made it for me for the first time when I was pregnant with Caleb and it has been a favorite of mine and Gene's ever since! I hope that you all try it and enjoy!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Half of an onion (can use a whole small onion if you want)
3 jalapeno peppers w/ seeds from jar
1 tsp minced garlic
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
6-8 cans Northern White Beans
4 cans chicken broth
1 lb monterrey jack cheese (I always use more)
1 Tbs cumin
1 Tbs oregano
Half of an onion (can use a whole small onion if you want)
3 jalapeno peppers w/ seeds from jar
1 tsp minced garlic
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
6-8 cans Northern White Beans
4 cans chicken broth
1 lb monterrey jack cheese (I always use more)
1 Tbs cumin
1 Tbs oregano
Mince onion/jalapenos...saute onion, jalapenos, minced garlic till onions are clear. Cube chicken and add to mixture. While chicken is cooking combine beans and chicken broth in a large soup pan. Once the chicken is cooked add it to the beans and broth. Stir in cheese, cumin, oregano and cook until cheese is melted. Serve anytime.
We love it! And it is great with french/italian bread or grilled cheese.





4 comments:
Hey Kira! Sorry about the book club, I'd be fun if I actually read, it's just not my thing. I'm still in the 2nd Twilight book, I read a few pages at night (the only time I have a chance) then fall asleep. So I wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys! Hope you had a great time!
I'll be at Stephanie's! I talked with her tonight and she said the same thing you did :)
P.S. I love white chicken chili, my recipe is pretty close to yours. Yum!
Thanks for having all of us there, it was fun. Your recipe is close to mine and it was wonderful. Looking forward to the next time...
That chili sounds delicious. I am going to try it tomorrow. I'll let you know if my kids dig it. Thanks!
Post a Comment