Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread Week At Caleb's School

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I was able to go to Caleb's school and spend the day with him. It was "gingerbread week" and they have been participating in lots of fun activities around the school to celebrate. So after lunch time...

We went into circle time where we sang a "hello" song , read the days of the week, the numbers up to yesterdays date (17), and then the months of the year. It was all done to fun songs and I was surprised to see how well Caleb participated and sang along with the teacher (he was one of only two who knew everything).

Next they got to go to different stations to play. First we were in the "block station", next we were in the "kitchen station"...

...and Caleb made me a yummy plate of food!

The third station this week was decorating a gingerbread man at the table. Caleb chose the strawberry frosting (he loves anything strawberry) and concentrated very hard on decorating it. He told me and his teachers that we weren't allowed to look at his cookie until he was done!

All finished!!! (We ate the cookies at the end of the day right before singing the good-bye song and heading home)

After we were done decorating cookies we got to go to gym class. Here Caleb is waiting with his class for the previous class that was in gym to be finished...

This is the gym where normally they have a pretty decked out obstacle course and exercises activities set up...but this week they had activities that had to do with the "gingerbread man".

Here is Mr. Jim (who teaches GYM) Kind of funny! When Caleb came home and said his gym teachers name was Mr. JIM I thought he was "confused". He is so much fun...the kids love him!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE THINKING!!!!

They had a HUGE bin with FLOUR in it for the kids to play in. Needless to say, it was everywhere! But they had lots of fun...and that's what it's all about anyhow, right?

The bean-bag toss into the gingerbread mans holes...by the way, that boy in the light blue shirt is Caleb's best friend at school...his name is Mikey and the day previous the boys decided to "borrow" some candy that was set out on the tables for the teachers and FILLED their pockets. They were told not to touch it, but they obviously didn't listen...it was kind of funny when Gene (who picked Caleb up from school that day) came home and told me about it, they were trying to be serious and I had to hide my face in my shirt b/c I couldn't stop laughing for some reason. I think it was b/c Caleb just kept saying the candy got in there "by accident"---BOYS!!!

Tossing a ball that was Velcro onto the gingerbread men...

I thought they were cute!

They got to roll a block that had numbers on it and hop to the gingerbread house at the end.

Here was play dough made out of cinnamon and nutmeg, and other stuff of course, but it smelled so yummy that if little hands hadn't been in it all day I would have tasted a piece.
All in all it was such a fun day! I loved spending the time I got to with Caleb. He is such a good boy and is growing up so fast. He is going to be 5 in just a few weeks!!! CrAzY!!!!


3 comments:

Mary said...

Monday I get to help at Bella's school. I am so excited.

Jenny said...

That looks like it was so fun. I only wish I had the imagination to come up with some of the activities like those.

Jeff and Laura said...

What a fun idea. I love the Mr Jim as the gym teacher...that is great! He is so adorable.