Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting Into The Holiday Spirit

On Tuesday I went to a cookie exchange that was so much fun! I have never been to one before and was a little hesitant is going to this one (I'm not really sure why...lack of motivation mostly) but I am really glad that I went. Caleb was in school so it was just Emilee and myself, and let me tell you, I love Caleb---but things are so much easier with just one kid!!! We had lots of fun socializing with friends (both Emilee & I) and we came home with a lot of yummy cookies!

On Wednesday night, after gorging myself with pizza and cinnamon roles at our YW presidency meeting, we had a combined YW/Relief Society night of decorating gingerbread houses. I built mine out of graham crackers...and yes, I glued it together with a hot glue gun instead of icing.

As you can see from the pictures, I am NOT crafty AT ALL!!! It really looks horrible. My kids haven't even asked to eat any of it. Maybe its because it has a "fiber" roof top (made of triscuts) and red hots all over the dang thing, but by the time I went to decorate it (I wasted a TON of time gluing it) there weren't very many candy options left...

...Oh well, it was my first attempt and I'm not sure if there will be a second.

Then tonight we made (from a pre-made tube) Christmas cookies. This way the kids feel like they "made" them and I don't have a mess to clean up. Always a good thing...

Emilee and Caleb saying "CHEEESSSEEE"!!!


3 comments:

Brandy said...

Don't worry, my gingerbread house was a disaster. Completely tacky, but it was such a fun night!

The Chuck Smith Family said...

What a fun night doing gingerbread...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Missed you last night at the temple! We had a lot of fun 21 kids came!

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a good time. I can't remember the last time I made a "gingerbread" house.