Friday, December 19, 2008

My "Attempt"

Okay, so seriously, pee and poop are just horrible...or at least cleaning it up is!!! Emilee has been saying "I poop, Mommy" (which means she just peed--everything is poop to her) or she will start "grunting" and say "Poop, Mommy" when she really is pooping---so I thought she was ready to start the whole potty training thing...

NO!!! While she looks adorable in her little "undies" --we don't use the word "panties" in this house. WEIRD...WEIRD word and when my OB said that word to me when I was pregnant with Caleb---I DIED of laughter....right there when he was in the room with us. I can't handle and DO NOT like that word...(situations that I should be serious, I tend to laugh uncontrollably)

...anyhow, she wants to wear her Ariel "UNDIES" but she doesn't get the concept that she has to pee/poop in the potty--NOT in her undies and THEN go sit on the potty. We tried it for a week and it was getting worse and not better. Then she was crying and holding her pee ALL MORNING, even after I sat her on the potty for 20 min (3 times)...she held it until she fell asleep and then FILLED her diaper. Now she cries every time I mention going pee in the potty. ARRGGG!!!

Sooo, no rush. Hey, she still drinks her milk out of her bottle (yes, still), she is still in a crib, and she still wears a diaper. BUT she just turned 2!!!!-- and I'm really not worried about it. She will do all of these things (or not do these things) one day. For now...I LOVE HER! Isn't she just B-E-A-UTIFUL?!?!?!?!

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Those pictures are so cute, look at those little thighs! We have pics like that of Aaron the first day of training. It's just easier than dealing with pants! She'll get there, but like you said, she's only 2! Good luck!

Moundbuilders Ward Young Women said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Chuck Smith Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Hunt said...

She is a cutie! Funny, we don't use the word "panties" -I just don't like it either. Baylee was my youngest to go on the potty and wear undies, she started just before she was 2 1/2. All of the others were right around 3. And Brady still pees the bed sometimes at night. That is such a pain!

Mary said...

I'd say let it ride. IT just isn't worth the fight. And I love the pics. Cute!

woodring4 said...

Okay, I totally agree about potty training being one of the hardest, yuckiest times. ;) Sooo, since email is maybe working, lets talk about trying to get together! -Laurie Parker