Monday, November 3, 2008

He Can't Cut A Break

Poor Caleb...it seems like I have been starting WAY too many posts like that...he has had a chest cold for the past week or so and starting Friday night he started in with a high fever. All day Saturday he had a fever and complained that his chest hurt...his back hurt...I would have loved to give him some medicine to get the fever down but he WILL NOT take any. Even when he was 2 months old and I tried to give him some Tylenol before his immunizations he threw it up. He has never taken meds and I don't know if he ever will. So Sunday the fever just kept getting higher and finally at 104.5 Gene and Chuck (our good friend) gave Caleb a blessing. We decided to try and wait it out until morning so he could just go into the Pediatrician but about an hour later he had a seizure!!! Talk about scary! Gene's brother has seizures quite often so Gene was used to seeing it (not that you could ever get used to seeing something like that) but I freaked! So into the hospital we went and after a LOOONNGGG night he has pneumonia, double ear infections and he had the seizure from the high fever. After some shots and a lot of prayers we are now home and doing much better. We have to really push the fluids b/c he is dehydrated and hopefully it will keep the fever down (b/c otherwise its a Tylenol suppository and if you've read my post from July 1--I DO NOT want to have to do that again!!!!!!) Wish us luck!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow it seems like a lot has happened to you guys lately. I can't imagine any of it has been easy, but without going into it too much, my oldest child, Bella has had surgery, a couple of hospitalizations prior to, and other fun emergencies and I swear with time it's fine. Caleb will forget but it'll take a while. I had nightmares after it was all said and done. I'm glad to see that Gene was able to give him a blessing because that is all that has gotten our family through sometimes. Mary Graver

Sara Emily said...

Poor Caleb! I am so sorry to hear that! You are right - that kid just can't catch a break. I've heard of kids getting seizures from high fevers before - hopefully I never have to deal with that!!

Also, I finally got a blog! Yes - I gave into the dark side! ha - I'll probably need help figuring stuff out on it! www.saraandkris.blogspot.com

Rucker Family said...

Poor little guy! I'm so glad that things are going a little better now. We'll keep you all in our prayers. :)