Okay, so let me just give you a little update on what the last 24 hours has been like for us...Well, I guess it all really started 4 days ago. Caleb is one of the most "regular" people I know. By that I mean he NEVER has an issue with doing the big 'ol #2. So he had been saying that his stomach hurts...being a little weird every now and then about it...but nothing too out of the ordinary. So finally by day 3 I realized, as many of you other Mom's out there must also keep track, my son has not...you know...for 3 days! Now, don't get me wrong, I know it isn't like major or anything but by this point Caleb is doubled over and walking around saying his stomach/poop hurts. I, along with Gene, try to get him to go but by this point he has freaked himself out! "NOOOO! It HUURRTTSS!!!" Well, Caleb if you just go it won't hurt anymore...he doesn't get the concept!! So we give him a dose of Miralax...wait till the next morning and no bowl movement...so we give him another dose...no movement...we have been in touch with his pediatrician and were told that if he still doesn't go by noon'ish on day 4 to give them a call. It's now noon'ish on day 4 and we are to either give him milk of magnesia or a suppository. For most kids out there a teaspoon or so dose of M.O.M. would definitely be the easiest...NOT with Caleb. He has never taken medicine. Even when he was a baby he would throw it up. He had to get shots when he had a parasite b/c he would not keep down any medicine. Okay so who do you think had to do the horrible task of forcing a suppository on my son??? Yeah, so here's Gene..."So how are you going to do this? Are you going to need me to help b/c I seriously don't think that I can do it!?!?!" I say "Gene, just chill. Just follow my lead..." ---WHAT??? He says...so I hide it in my hand and Gene can't sit down...he pacing the room. One arm folded, the other up by his mouth...YOU WOULD THINK THAT I WERE GIVING IT TO GENE!!!! Lets just say...it went "smooth". No big issues. A few hours of, screaming, crying, and trying to calm the kid down it was all over. I NEVER want to have an experience like that again. I feel horrible for those kids/parents out there who have to deal with this on a "regular" basis!!! (By the way...the picture above was Caleb sitting on Emilee's little potty...we thought that if we could change things up a bit he might be a little more willing to go...obviously that didn't work)
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh my gosh so sad yet so funny at the same time(Donald acts the same way}. Hope he feels better.
Ok, this is terrible, but I can't stop laughing. I am glad that he is feeling better. FUN TIMES!
Post a Comment