Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It Feels Good to Sit Down

Swing, swing, swing...I like to swing...I like to swing outside...swing, swing, swing!
That's what they were singing together (mostly Caleb) while they were outside this morning! Today we have finally not had anything to do...that is after I canceled dinner with some of our friends b/c we just needed a break and some time spent at home...and it has been so nice. The kids have been playing really well together and have been very good. No "time outs" yet today!
BUT before they got sent outside they were making a mess in the closet. How many of you have that drawer in the kitchen that the "junk" gets shoved into? Or maybe you are like me and have a closet of junk??? I really am organized or at least I try to make it look that way--however, this closet has diapers, books, picture frames, papers, it also serves as the pantry and, seriously, you name it and it's probably in there. Well this is the kids favorite place to go. They close the doors and away they go! It drives me nuts to have to clean it up (almost everyday) but they laugh and have such a good time together that in the end does it really matter?? NO!--Because I'm sure that one day Caleb (probably not Emilee b/c she's too little) will remember the fun times he had with his sister in there!

2 comments:

Ericksons said...

How fun...they look so cute together playing in the closet.

Rachelle said...

look at that curly hair! wow, your kids are adorable. funny how kids can make playing in a closet fun.

oh and the pics for father's day turned out great also! i bet gene loved it.