Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So Far...So Good

So today was "the day". After my first attempt at potty training Emilee I was done and said I wasn't going to do it again until she decided she was ready to do it herself...well the day has come. It's a happy day, but I really had to give myself a pep talk b/c it is just so much work. You have to completely dedicate 2-3 days minimum of being at home and going practically NO WHERE!! Sooooo, here's how it went...

She did GREAT on just her first day! Only ONE---I repeat ONE accident. Once I brought the M&M's into the picture (she calls them emmys) we were in the bathroom constantly. She loves M&M's and wanted to eat them so bad she would go in to the bathroom and PUSH as hard as she could to try and squeeze out the tiniest drop just so she could say she peed in the potty and get 5 M&M's. In this picture above: this is what she looks like as she concentrates her hardest on feeling that "pee sensation" so she can go.

Kind of gross, but this is such a priceless picture. Here is the face she has EVERY TIME she hears the pee going into the water. She gets so excited!

And here she is after all of her work is done! Sitting in her rocking chair, eating M&M's and watching Dora. So sweet!
She is doing a great job. She even pooped in the potty today. She made me leave the bathroom while she went too, which I thought was really funny, and said "I tell you when I'm done". Wish us luck with tomorrow (and the next...)

6 comments:

Sara Emily said...

I used m&ms too! ha ha - I have a little bowl in my bathroom where they are and Joey would always see them and want them, but he knew what he had to do to get them! It worked for us so well. Joey's potty training wasn't so intense as 2 or 3 days of staying at home, though. When we were at home, he would be in underware, but I didn't let it keep me at home - I would just put him in pullups when we went places, but would still take him potty whereever we went, and he was trained in no time it seemed. But of course he was almost 3 1/2! ha ha - I just waited until he was ready too - I didn't want to deal with the stress and days and days of accidents, either. Goodluck to you!! :-)

Brandy said...

YAY! She'll be trained by Sunday. No more kids in diapers? Lucky!

Elder Matthew Manhardt said...

AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work girls!

Dan said...

That is so exciting! Good Luck :)

Mary said...

Hope the next few days go just as good. Potty trained kids are the best.

Rucker Family said...

Yay! No more diapers! We're in the process of potty training too, but I don't think we're quite ready for the real deal...and I do mean "we"! haha! :)
Best of luck to you both!