Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pigeon Roost

Today was a VERY fun day! It started with the weekly swimming lessons (and the not so fun homework for Gene & I) BUT after lunch we headed to the "pum-kin" patch. This was our first time visiting this farm...and we will definitely be going back! The kids had a blast and we were there for over 3 hours!
The kids on the "over-sized" rocking chair.

They wanted to get their faces painted. Emilee wanted a cat, but not a black one. She really wanted pink but settle for a red one.

Caleb got a black cat.

The kids remembered going down these slides at the fair we went to this last summer...I think they each went down the slide today at least 20 times.

These were a little too big for Emilee, but Caleb had lots of fun making them swing back and forth.

This was such a fun event! They got to pump water and race their rubber ducks down to the end. We were here for a while...

I LOVE this picture...the tongue cracks me up!

He was very serious about it...

The big tepee crawl.

Here they come!

This was a fun slide that they had fun going down also.

Getting brave and going down face first!

This was a lot of fun, but annoying to clean off.

VERY annoying to clean off...

This was a huge "sand box" filled with hard corn kernels.
Emilee slipped a couple of times on the kernels...but she had fun building "princess castles".

This place was seriously FUN...

Caleb on the big tractor.

Emilee on the big tractor.

When I asked Caleb what his favorite thing was at the pumpkin patch today...of ALL of the FUN things we did...he said being in this train and getting to ring the bell. I guess its something we have all wanted to do, right?? Ring the bell (horn) on a train...

All of us had fun finding our way through the HUGE corn maze!

This place was HUGE!
We were also able to see lots of chickens, rabbits, camels, turkeys, peacocks, and the kids fed the goats some food! It was tons of fun and we came home with one small, one baby, and one 30lb. pumpkin. We will be cutting them tomorrow when family comes in to town.

And this picture was just one of the kids putting the fun Halloween stickers on the front windows. I tried taking multiple pictures...I just wanted ONE good one...but no. So here is Emilee with her finger up her nose and Caleb being a nut. :o) It's the Robison in them...I know they didn't get it from me...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
(More pictures soon)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! We went there last year and have plans to go back this year as well. It's definitely a great place!

Stephanie said...

We love going there, too! Each of the kids' classes are going to be making trips there soon, so Cole and I will make extra trips to join them. Those duck races are way cool, huh?!!

Rucker Family said...

Love the pics! That's quite the pumpkin patch. Glad you all had fun! Happy Halloween! :)